Monday, July 29, 2013

A little ride to get gas, air in the tires, and some nuts and bolts


I went out for a little ride this morning. About a half mile out things went dead? I pulled over, tried to start. I had ignition light but no go. I thought computer or sensor, mostly computer. I pushed the connector in and she started. I went two blocks, hit a little bump, it died. I pushed the connector back in and she started. I took it slow to the gas station, filled the tires with air and put 2 gallons of gas in. I had about a gallon in the tank, the extra 2 turned the 7 liter dum dum light off, so that seems to work. I fiddled with the connector and thought I might have to borrow a rubber band to hold the connector. That's when I noticed the flat sheet metal spring clip. I saw the little nub on the connector and pushed that sucker in as far as I could. I gave it a little pull and it didn't come out. You have to remember, this is really the first time I've ridden the bike. I never bothered making sure it was tight because the bike was never moving. I went up to the hardware store, using the back roads, about a mile. No problems there, no problems back.

I got some new screws that fit the coils so I could put the cover back on and I found that I was missing a couple of cap screws holding my seat.

Boring stuff, but helpful for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment