Monday, August 19, 2013

Bar Backs for the K

I've been lamenting the fact that the K handlebars are set far foward for that hunched over riding experience. It's not a position I'm comfortable in. I'd researched bar backs for the K, I found three different sets, they ranged in price around $100. I don't have a hundred bucks right now.

However, I recently bought a 1976 Honda GL1000 Goldwing. It has a set of risers on it! I measured the centers and they look very close 32mm. With any luck I can transfer the risers from the GL to the K.

Prior to finding the risers on the wing I was contemplating making a set. I thought I'd cast them from JB Weld. I of course have some concerns. I know the stuff is tough, it's made to put on engines and rebuild threads. But, building an integral part that holds the bike on the road is another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment