Friday, July 6, 2012

Blog Work... Even I didn't like looking at the blog!

I had been looking at other blogs and site pages, in comparison, mine wasn't very attractive. I had not spent alot of time looking at blogger and what could be done. But, I'd noticed that I've had some page views which I didn't expect. So I decided to find out what I could do.

The first thing was the background. I'm using an image I took of the sunrise in Juno Beach FL. I'm fairly sure I took the photo with my little S100 which isn't too large a file. However, Blogger wanted a photo only 300k. I had to slim it down by saving it as a really lousy jpeg with high compression and a low level; the file came out to 264k. I don't like the way the page tiles but without the tiling half the page is blank.

My header was a lackluster. I really didn't have a good picture of my bike (My bike can't take a good picture) so I looked around the net and found a couple fairly decent photos. I think one is a BMW stock photo. The black beemer will probably be what my bike looks like. I had to join and retouch the photos in Photoshop. My bike photo occupies the location at the top right, this is a "Before" shot.

I next put a couple of slide show boxes to the right. Sadly, Blogger doesn't search on a master folder so it's only looking at one folder at a time. I'll get around to moving all the shots into one folder, but I've already spent a day on this project, that's enough.

I may add a video box so that I can upload all my video but it won't take a lot of time for the blog to load. That's a project for another day.

I'm going to put the bike back together and go for a start and run

No comments:

Post a Comment