Thursday, July 5, 2012

A word about my Photos and Videos...Sorry

I own and use some of the best semi pro equipment you can buy. Although, some may argue that point for my cameras, my lenses are arguably the best you can buy for their purpose including the Canon 100mm Macro f2.8 L IS lens. This would be the absolute best lens to shoot these pictures. They would be sharp contrasty and the color would be second to none.

However, that lens mounted on either the Canon 50D or T2i would create huge files. I would then have to run them through Photoshop to shrink them down to web acceptable size which un-does all the good things that the lens and camera bring to the show. It's senseless.

Instead I've settled on my iPhone for photos. I can take the picture send it to myself in an email with the subject line containing the caption. I then pick it up in email on the computer and save it as a download. I then pick it up in blogger and post the post. It's fairly simple and straight forward

For video I've decided to use a Flip Video HD (They don't make these anymore. Cisco bought flip and added something to them to make them more suitable to what Cisco wanted to do. Apparently, the board found out that some of the proprietary software/hardware was out in the public being sold for $100 a pop and put an end to it). It's a decent little camera. The video doesn't take up much space, It's easy to download the video and it uploads decently to blogger.

Blogger...It's owned by google. It has some eccentricities. They don't seem to be documented or perhaps they were in a "tour" that I didn't watch.

It seems that there is a 24 hour limit on the amount of video you can upload. I spent hours trying to  get some video up on another blog. I finally put it to rest and went to bed. I tried again in the morning and it went up with no problem. I uploaded a second video but the third wouldn't go until the next day.

Still pictures have to be uploaded most of the time. I have had some luck just cutting and pasting into the blogs. This doesn't work all the time.

So I'm sorry the photos and videos aren't better. I already spend a fair amount of time on the blog. I don't think using better equipment would greatly improve the functionality.


No comments:

Post a Comment