Thursday, July 5, 2012

July 3, 2012 A Trip to Mecca... Bob's BMW Choke and Throttle Cable Purchased $60 total $361

I've been over to Bob's only a few times. I'm in Annapolis and Bob's isn't close to where I usually ever go. I think I may have stopped in about 5 years ago when I sold my truck to CarMax. Then I stopped in a couple of years ago and saw an old friend Maddigan M. Maddigan and I met through sailing and he was a regular fixture at my weekly Thursday Night RUM parties onboard my boat. His family lived on the water and he would bring his inflatable or jet ski down and hang out with the rest of the sailing ne'er-do-wells I hung out with. I had the parties on Thursday evening because it was the only night we didn't race. I only had RUM drinks because I like rum (I rarely drink beer except when Pilsner Urquell is available). I'm pleased to say that most have moved on to become responsible members of society, some not.

As I mentioned earlier, my first stop was to my local Kawasaki store, Pete's. They didn't have any cables, as I suspected. So It was Bob's or nothing.

Maddigan was free, with a few quick keystrokes he said yup we got them. Although, he was showing two part numbers for the throttle cable. I went out to the car to get the cables and he went into the back to get his. The cables looked very similar but his throttle cables were missing the adjuster that my cable had. Maddigan needed to help another customer so I started playing with and comparing the cables. Lo and behold, the adjuster popped of my cable and fit nicely over the new one.

Suffice it to say, be carefull when removing parts; it always seem that there is a small part that's willing to jump out of the mix and lose itself. this happened to me when I was removing the electrical caps from the fuel injectors. There is a small square insulator inside the cap that I thought was attached, until one jumped out. I taped the ends to ensure that they all stayed put.

No comments:

Post a Comment