Monday, July 16, 2012

A possible new purchase... A 1985 K100 parts bike $200

1985 K100 parts bike $200

I keep an eye on the local craigslist listing for BMW's. Sometimes that's a bad thing as I often see bikes just a little more expensive than mine, up and running. 

I came across a listing from just over a week ago (I don't know how I missed it earlier). It's all in pieces. From what I can see in the pictures the tank, wheels, engine and transmission are still on the bike. The fairing, seat and body parts seem to be off the bike. It wasn't listed as an 85 but I saw the rear seat/body cowl and it didn't have the hand hold which I'm told began in 86. From what I could see the coils are still on the engine. Sadly, I might not have needed to buy my coils. 

I can't afford to buy the bike for $200. But if I could give the guy a few dollars to haul it away it might be a great buy for me. I might be able to get an original fuel pump, computer, hall sensor, Mass air sensor and so forth. 

The other thing that might be good is that because I want to do my own painting I could experiment on the parts bike pieces. If I like the results I can just switch out the parts to my bike. The other thing I would really like to take off the bike is the BMW badges. I don't know how the come off, or even if they do come off. Maybe that will be my next post on the forum.



image 0



image 2




image 3
























No comments:

Post a Comment