Thursday, July 5, 2012

June 29, 2012 Another trip to Napa for fuel and Vaccum Hose $12 Total $211

Sorry for the date difference in the postings. Somehow I only saved this as a draft and so it got posted in July.


When I got into the right side of the bike with the air box out I was able to see where the fuel return line goes. It goes into a little bell shaped thing with a vacuum hose attached, I believe it's the fuel pressure regulator. I removed the Fuel Line from both sides and the vacuum tube from the bottom. I also removed the crankcase breather tube.

I went to my local Napa store and got replacement hoses. The outside diameter of these hoses is different from the BMW parts. However, I paid $12 for the two hoses and was given a piece of hose to use as a breather tube. The BMW parts would have been $22 dollars for each hose and $15 for the crankcase breather hose. That's $59 bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment