Saturday, June 16, 2012

Another inspection.....

Revealed that I once again had the spark plug wires wrong. The 3-4 wires were switched. I know these seems unlikely but because they seem to be the wrong length for their proper positions and I'm a poor mechanic it happens. Again. I have them in 1-3-4-2 order as gleaned from posts.

I tried to start the bike...no go.

Since the air box was open I tried some starting fluid. It wanted to pop with the starting fluid but didn't kick. Then to add insult to injury the starter kept turning. It wouldn't go off until I killed the battery at the source. I waited a minute, turned the battery back on and the starter started turning. This with the kill switch and key in the off position!

So now I'm waiting for the  thing to cool down, dry out. I'm thinking some of the ether got the contacts wet. Or worse yet something caused the contacts to fuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment