Wednesday, June 6, 2012

First Start After New Fuel Delivery System Install... Not

I was frantically trying to get the bike together last night (June 5 2012) before my wife got home, so she could hear the purring of a BMW engine. It wasn't together when she got home. Around about 8pm, we usually eat around 7:30, she walked out to the garage and asked if we could eat? I said I was just about to come and get her so she could hold the video camera. I pulled the bike out, literally, so the exhaust wouldn't stink up the place, I've put lots of starting stuff into the lines. I haven't even bought a battery for the bike so I'm using one of those portable starters. It didn't even click! No fuel pump! No Starter! Nothing! I pulled the bike back into the garage and we ate. After dinner I was sitting on the porch cogitating what could be wrong. It had wanted to start before my "repair". All of the sudden it hit me. Was the neutral light lit? I'd put the bike in gear to turn the engine after spraying in "Deep Creep". To pull the bike out I thought I had it in neutral because the bike moved. It was too late to do anything else. The anticipation would just have to wait

No comments:

Post a Comment