Sunday, June 3, 2012

Spark Plug Removal The #2 Plug

So, the 18mm socket works I pulled the first plug, or the last plug, as it were. I pulled the last plug in line from left to right, it was the rear plug.

Looking online I found a post that shows the bike fires in 1-3-4-2 order so I removed the #2 plug

As I say I don't know much but the plug looks good. Except that there is some oil or fuel in the threads and around the electrode. Now that mean something or it may mean that:

Because the bike was being turned over and not firing the fuel and oil just laid there to blacken the plug

The plug is an NGK D8EA

The spec is an NGK 7912 which shows on the plug as D7EA

Or, at least that's what I bought

The proper gap should be .0.60 mm

The plug will allow a 0.71 measure in

I re-gapped the plug so that the 0.61mm was tight

I sprayed in some deep creep into the hole and CRC into the wire cap

It also looks like there was some black flake or debri on the round end of the plug





No comments:

Post a Comment