Saturday, June 9, 2012

Today...The Phoenix K is firing but not flaming

Today, this morning, I started the bike it was still backfiring and popping at 1k and under. I thought I'd try putting some carb/injector cleaner in the tank. I used about 4 oz of STP injector cleaner and I thought I'd hold the bike as it should be, upright instead of on the side stand. The bike promptly ran out of gass, sputtered and died. I also thought that I might have been a little generous with the treatment. I added some more gas to dilute the mixture, no more than a half gallon. But then I think I flooded the bike. These bikes seem very sensitive to flooding or in a fuel out situation they are sensitive to recharging.






I kept going back to the bike trying to start it. It didn't fire. Finally, we left to go to the eastern shore to visit Mike and Jill. When I got home I put the bike on choke and she started right up!

It seemed that it was running a bit smoother at lower RPM's. It was late so I turned the bike off. I didn't notice further bloom around the injectors. Perhaps the oil I used fired off.

If the bike doesn't run smoother I'm going to have to seek other solutions. One of which would be to remove the injectors and have them refurbished or to replace them entirely.

However, right now the things I'm looking for having read the forums are holes in vacuum hoses, missing or disconnected hoses. These it seems can cause rough running. All these solutions would be easier and less costly than replacing injectors.

No comments:

Post a Comment