Sunday, June 10, 2012

Phoenix K... Blowing out the jets

I went out and the bike started right up. I ran it for about six minutes, I then shut the bike down. I don't want the bike to overheat, I haven't seen the fan start yet. I also don't know how the oil is in the crankcase. I know it's there but it could be all kinds of shot, probably is shot.

I tried to restart the bike it wouldn't start. It was still running rough when I shut it down. Just for fun I checked the spark plug leads. Somehow I'd reversed the 3-4 wires, that's firing order. The problem is that the number 3 wire doesn't seem long enough (which bears the question are these the right wires? I'd read a post that resistance factors could come into play on running) So I switched the wires the number 3 wire with 4. I tried to start the bike again she wouldn't start, flooded I think. As my wife said "if it isn't firing right it's not burning right". How wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment