Thursday, June 14, 2012

I tried to start the bike late on the 10th...No Go

I checked the plug wire locations, all OK. I pulled the plugs and cleaned them. In each hole I squirted some starting fluid and installed the plugs. I tried to start the bike it sounded like it wanted to start on the ether but didn't. I can never decide if it sounds like an ignition issue or a fuel issue.

I thought I'd pull the tank and get on with my electrical connection cleaning. I pulled the fuel feed line from the tank and fuel came gushing out. That of course means that fuel is getting to the fuel rail. The question looms, is fuel going through the injectors? I'm hesitating to pull the rail again because I don't think the rubber O rings can stand up much longer. Of course that means I should replace them but funds are short. I haven't even looked up the price of BMW injectors, all the posts say they are pricey.  OK, I just peeked $265 without the O rings a piece over $1000 to replace. There are substitutions, which I put on the parts post; and their are refurbished sets available for $90.

The real question is...Why did it run...Why did it stop?

The injectors must have been working when it ran. Did the clog from something in the line, everything else was cleaned and the new fuel is filtered.

Did I add too much carb cleaner, even though I diluted it more after it was running?

I had thought that it might need high octane gas, but it should still start.

Did it flood and remain flooded even after sitting for more than a day?

I had thought of doing what one poster said he did. He would take a blow torch and quickly blow into the plug holes! He said there might be an ignition...but the cylinders would be dry!


No comments:

Post a Comment