Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Back firing issue...Some Thoughts

One post said that the backfiring could come from the throttle down switch (my name I can't remember what it's called). If the switch is set wrong the fuel pump continues to pump below 2k rpm's. I don't really think this is the issue because I got it as low as 1k with slight backfiring.

Of course if the ignition wires were wrong this could account for it. But, I can't get it to run since I believe I corrected them.

There is one wire that seems less than perfect on it's coil side. The copper contact has some greening on it. Although I couldn't get it shiny bright I was able to get it clean enough so that I think it should be able to do it's job (it was that way when the bike ran.

The other item is the vacuum hoses which posters say will cause rough running. I've done a visual inspection and have found  no holes. I did not remove the hoses so my inspection is only 50%. The hoses weren't clamped when I got the bike. By clamping them it may solve the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment