Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I may have some answers to my problems

Since I had no where to start looking for the constant running starter problem, I posted on K100 for help. Almost immediately "Inge K" said that I had a fused starter relay from a low voltage battery! I don't know why a low voltage battery would cause a relay to fuse, but I have to believe. I don't have time to check tonight, Fathers Day.

This lead me to think of the no starting and low voltage; or image in it's a case of low amps. If the computer and electronics don't have enough juice to do their job the bike wouldn't start. It also makes sense in all the times the bike has almost started it's like it just doesn't have the power to start, or continue it's start.

So it's off to buy a battery tomorrow at Battery Warehouse. I checked the AGM battery is $139. Although I'm going to check at Sam's. They had a 20 amp AGM battery for $89.

No comments:

Post a Comment