Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Second Start after New Fuel Delivery System...Not

I hooked the bike up to a portable battery. I made sure the bike was in neutral with the light on and everything. I hit the button and it ground. Again I pulled the bike out of the garage and hit the starter button. It grinds but no turn over, no firing. Although, the fuel pump does seem to be running. That's a good thing!

So I'm not sure where I stand. I've hit the forums for info. One thread said to check the crankcase breather tube, I don't know where that is, but I'll find it.

I have not checked the plugs. I know the plugs don't match the ones I bought. But, they should fire, something should happen. I'll check.

I was thinking that the distribution wires may also be wrong for the firing order. It stands to reason if the plugs are wrong the distribution set up may be wrong.

The other item I haven't checked is the air filter, I can't figure out how to get to it easily. Once again, I think that something should fire.

It's 5:45, my wife is racing tonight (on sailboats) so I'm going back to the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment