Saturday, June 16, 2012

Yesterday, June14, 2012 Clean plugs, clear holes, try to start

As the title implies, I tried another start. The only difference is that I tried the blow torch on the holes. I had no ignitions. It wanted to start on the starting fluid, but didn't.

I've read all the posts and there are alot of things I could try. The most tempting being pulling the fuel rail to see if the injectors are squirting. That of course is one of the most costly and possibly damaging things I can do. If I screw up the injectors they will be costly to replace.

I intend to replace them it's just that I'm trying to be smart about my investments. If the money needs to be spent someplace else that is more urgent, I want to spend it there.

I tagged a tittled the bike the other day $211. I don't count this towards the cost of getting the bike running, it's a cost associated with any new auto, boat or bike purchase.

I do keep an eye on bike and bike parts in craiglist. There were two bikes listed that would be tempting;

1986 K100RS - $2700 (Chevy Chase,MD)

Good looking and great running K bike. Speedo was replaced at 20K. Currently shows 19K (39k actual miles on bike). Bike has recent tires, battery, clutch cable and new stock seat cover by John Longo. Also has hard to find Luftmeister header, which is a great upgrade from stock. BMW hardbags included. Bike was gone through by Bob's BMW and given a clean bill of health. Serious buyers only call Patrick at 301-718-2873. 301-801-0892 $2,700.00 or best offer.


And:


BMW K100, Sport Tourer - $2200 (Arbutus)This 1989 BMW has 54,000 miles on it, which means that it has many years of life left. I have owned this bike for about six months and have replaced the seat cover, the spark plugs and the starter relay. The machine was recently equipped with new tires and a new battery when I bought it. The bike is very smooth, fast and comfortable and runs well. The ABS is not working, but this has no effect on the operation of the brakes. No inspection is required if you put historic tags on it. Just buy, tag it and ride it. Great everyday transportation, reliable and cheap. 45 to 50 mpg. Insurance is cheap also. The bike was stored outside by the previous owner, so it shows some rust on screws and such, some minor cracks and scratches on the fairing, but the bike is mechanically sound. Not shown but included is the matching BMW luggage and a tank bag. I would have no problem riding this bike anywhere. A fast tourer. Call 410-779-9275

 image 0

 This in my opinion is a pretty bike. At $2200 it might not be a steal but it's running with just a few miles more than my bike. Of course the problem is that I don't have the cash. With my bike I can make expenditures over time and hope to have a nice running bike that I know inside and out.


 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment